- Replacing Resentment With Self-Love: Published in Psych Central:
- One of the leading experts in the field of Codependency is Melody Beattie. Her website is filled with a wealth of information to include daily meditations:
- Pia Mellody is another leading expert in the field of addiction and codependency. In an article on her website, she talks about honesty and accountability in relationships which is essential in working with couples:
- A website to help women and men who struggle with unhealthy and toxic relationships. The negative effects that a relationship of this magnitude has on one's health is debilitating. Sandra L. Brown, M.A., is CEO of The Institute for Relational Harm Reduction & Public Pathology Education and is a leading expert in the trauma field. Her column is filled with tips to decrease your stress levels and focus on self-care. Highly recommended. It's free to sign up for her Safe Relationships newsletter here:
- Love Addiction is a real affliction. This Huffington Post article breaks it down very clearly:
- An interesting article written by Beth Burgess that looks at addiction from a compassionate perspective via Russell Brand's article in The Guardian. Worth a read:
- The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie
- When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron
- Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach PhD
- Ready to Heal: Breaking Free of Addictive Relationships by Kelly McDaniel
- How to Be An Adult In Relationships: The Five Keys to Mindful Loving by David Richo
- Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself by Melody Beattie
A talented and respected therapist
“Lisa is a talented and respected therapist among her colleagues. Her skills and engaging style prepare teens for college with reassuring support, information, and confidence.”
Helen Lemm LCSW | Psychotherapist Private Practice
A strong advocate for her clients
“I enjoy collaborating with Ms. Knudson. She is a strong advocate for her clients, and is talented in working with adolescents and young adults who are navigating transitions."
Nakia Scott, M.D., ABIHM | Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist | Diplomat of the American Board of Integrative and Holistic Medicine
You Deserve to Get Your Life Back.
Contact me today for a free phone consultation. We can discuss any questions you have about counseling and my practice.